LEGAL SERVICES UNIT
The Legal Services Unit oversees all legal matters which includes litigations, investigations, compliance, contract matters and regulatory advice. The Department provides quality legal services to ensure that the Agency follows due process of law in the discharge of its mandate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide appropriate legal opinions and advice on any matter with legal connotations referred to the unit in a timely manner and protect the legal interest of NEMSA.
- Draft, review and recommend legal documents and agreements on behalf of NEMSA.
- File Suits on behalf of NEMSA and provide effective and efficient representations in court.
- Maintain up to date records on legal matters by ensuring a reliable and accurate legal record.
- Represent NEMSA at local and international meetings, seminars and workshops with legal connotations.
- Secretariat to the Board and Top Management Meetings.
- Represent and collaborate with other agencies on behalf of NEMSA.