Info. & Comm Technology
Information and Communications Technology, ICT (Unit)
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Unit supports the Agency’s objectives through the use of technology based solutions where appropriate. The Unit provides and maintains the network infrastructure, telecommunications, general office applications/equipment and provides specialized support. Other significant roles include electronic information security, business continuity and emergency planning.
It provides NEMSA Strategic Business Units with Information Communication Technology tools to enable the achievement of commercial goals. The role as a change enabler is crucial because ICT lends their support to Strategic Business Units of Agency to enhance productivity through the innovative use of technology. By so doing, the ICT will drive the provision of Data, Information and Library Services for stakeholders, investors, research and academics and also manage Information Communications through the web and social media.
Key Functions of the Unit:
- Provide a sustainable enterprise-wide information system in the organization that will enhance fast, easy and cheap access to information within and outside NEMSA as an organization.
- Provide data, information and library services for stakeholders, investors, research, academics
- Provide maintenance services on all Hardware, Software, Local Area Network (LAN) and other ICT related infrastructure of the organization.
- Develop in-house capacity to operate and manage the vast ICT resources in NEMSA through hands on training.
- Manage the organization’s website, social media platforms and provide a seamless relationship with the public affair unit and media.
- Provide in-house basic ICT training to staff of NEMSA to enable productivity on their job.
- Support other station-wide projects that share or collaborate information process with NEMSA, Headquarters
- Offer ICT Technical support to Departments, Units, Sections and individual user
- Advice the management at all levels on the need for constant update of ICT infrastructure
- Supervise the implementation of ICT capital projects for NEMSA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- ICT Security Policy development, implementation and auditing
- Information security awareness
- ICT Strategy
- ICT Asset Management
- Business Continuity Planning
- ICT training strategy and user support & training
- ICT Business Plan
- ICT Project Management
- Overseeing the activities of the Network & Infrastructures, Database & Applications Management and Web-Services & Content Management units
- Network & Infrastructures Management:
- The Network Applications and Infrastructure Section is responsible for:
- Ensuring Network Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- Management and Support of the Networked Environment
- Management and Support of the Windows Active Directory Environment
- Desktop Hardware, Laptops and Printers Deployment
- Desktop Application Support
- Management of the Remote Access Environment
- Network and Server Room Support
- Telecommunications (PABX & VoIP)
- Provision of Help-desk Services
- Provision of Network Printing & Scanning Services
- Antivirus, anti-spam & Firewall technologies and management
Database & Applications Management Unit: The Database Services and Application Systems’ Section is responsible for;
- Deployment OF ERPS
- Support of the ERPS
- Deployment of Desktop and Office Productivity Suites across the Network and Offices
- Support of the of Desktop and Office Productivity Suites
- Development of Feasibility/Systems Reports
- The use of eForms technology to support various applications
- Emergency Planning Coordination of all Application Issues.
Web Services & Content Management Unit: The Web services & Content Management Section is responsible for;
- Management of the www.nemsa.gov.ng Portal
- Management of the Mail Services and Mailing Activities on the Domain
- Providing Support for all Web Related Activities
- Mapping of Activities and Functions on the Web-Sphere and web-domain
- Management of Contents for publication to the Web Portal
- Uploading of all Web Materials unto the Web Portal (EMIS Contents as well as all other materials)
- Emergency Planning Coordination of all Web Related Activities
- Development of portal needs of EIMS for the various categories/types of data/information
- Manages Domain names, Hosting Services
- Manages the email and configurations
- Manage the Social Media Networks
- Manages ERP and database
- Liaise with Public affairs and media on managing related technologies